6/26/2009

Forbidden (Chapter 6)

Yaaay! Thanks so much for the comments guys!! Truthfully, I HATED! that chapter while writing the middle part, but I grew to like it towards the end. Now...in THIS chapter, Kimi OFFICIALLY meets Mr. Sexy!!! (as well as the other ones....but they're not that important) YAAAY!!! *dance* and then after that the story can REALLY begin!! >:3





Chapter 6




It had been a couple of days since the outdoor photo shoot, and the disappearance of the van full of girls. Two days had gone by. No van; no girls. I was starting to get really worried. Where the hell could they have gone? What the hell could have happened to them? WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY?! I tried to go on with my work as usual, (or rather...as Ken ordered me too) but I couldn't shake off the never ending growth of worry and anxiety.


Ever since the van had vanished, Chen and his guys had been gone the past two days searching for them, meaning I hadn't seen him at all since....meaning I was getting a little depressed. -sad face- I mean, sure, I barely knew Chen, but it's not a crime to miss him is it? Even a little bit? I knew he was doing his best to try and find the others, but seriously, it wouldn't kill him to come and check on the others (*cough-mainly me-cough*) to see if they hadn't vanished either. I mean....he does work here too.


To try and keep my mind off of the situation, I threw myself more into my work, having decided that keeping busy would make me worry less. That worked up until a certain point, and then I found myself working while worrying at the same time and I ended up making mistakes. One day, I almost knocked down a lamp and had I not caught it in the nick of time, it would have seriously injured one of the models. That got me in big trouble, because I got a huge lecture from Ken and he made me feel awful and just plain *blah* so I decided to try and not act worried while on the job. (Easier said than done.)


It was now nearing the third day of the incident, and still. no. van. I was taking a break sitting in one of the chairs far from the stage, having been on my feet for most of the day and contently munching on some chips I had brought with me from the hotel. I was watching the others getting photos taken when all of a sudden, Chen burst in through the doors and rushed to Ken to whisper something in his ear. I assumed it was about the missing girls and/or the van (hopefully both) because I saw Ken look alarmed. Then his expression changed into 3 other ones at once so I couldn't tell what he was thinking. He nodded and whispered something else to Chen and he inclined his head once and left as abruptly as he came.


Curiosity boiled inside of me, but I knew better than to go ahead and ask up front. So, even though it pained me to do it....I sat quietly and continued to eat my snack...until I was summoned by some of the other girls to give advice on how their hair and make-up looked. Not that I minded that sort of thing, but seriously....they're models! They're make-up will obviously look flawless!! I sighed, and went towards them all clustered in a corner of the studio and they started chattering away at me while I told them my opinion (almost all consisting of "it's nice," "you look great!" and "your hair is fine, really.").

After that, I busied myself with work and didn't really have time to do anything else. It was nearing 12 in the afternoon and even though I had just eaten some chips...I WAS STARVING! Chips can only last so long. Ken told us to pack up for the day and go home (more like our hotels) to relax and enjoy the day and weather. The way he said it though made me look at a him weirdly. His tone was on the brink of anxious and sadistically amused at the same time. I quirked an eyebrow as he turned his back to me and began to gather his things.



I puffed strands of hair out of my eyes (I love my new hairstyle! omg!) and went to my little corner and gathered my own belongings. I slung my purse over my shoulder and turned to head out the door, but was greeted by the sight of several girls calling my name and waving me over to them and smiling. I huffed and marched towards them, not really in the mood to do anything with a group of people; all I really wanted to do was go back to my hotel room, take a long, hot shower and relax and try to calm myself from the disturbing situation of the missing van and my friends. Plus, I really had to use the restroom and I didn't want to stand around talking when my bladder felt like it was going to explode.


Nonetheless, I hitched a smile on my face and managed quite the friendly "hello" and "what's up" at them--all the while thinking, Get the fuck outta my way, I gotta pee!!!



"We were wondering if you'd like to come and have lunch with us and hang out," said one of them. She wore a dark brown, tight knitted sweater, a white vest and mini skirt with a small golden chain belt around her waist, nude colored stockings, and white high-heeled boots. Her hair was in a bun and small wisps of it were framing her face and light make-up decorated her features.



When she had said her piece the other girls behind her started chittering away and asked me to join them. I smiled apologetically and answered, "Thank you for the offer guys, and I'd really like to but....I'm just really tired today, and I kinda just want to go back to my hotel room." I didn't tell them I was still majorly worried (and I needed to pee!!) because I'm pretty sure that one of the girls I almost caused to have a concussion was in the pack...and I sort of didn't want to start a fight with her or something.


"Aww, come on. Please? It'll be fun. Please join us?" they pleaded. I smiled again and politely refused. They started up once more, but I held up my hands and this time firmly told them no, and that I was really, really tired and I really, really, didn't want to do much of anything. They eventually accepted that (though with lots of pouting and puppy dog eyes) and allowed me to go on my way. I apologized again and told them that maybe next time if I wasn't so tired we could hang out. They offered up tomorrow, and I accepted.


"We're holding you to that promise," said another one of the girls, smirking. I grinned and waved goodbye as I practically ran out the studio, finally able to look for the bathroom. I speed-walked through the hallway, past some doors, finally found the restrooms and shoved the Women's door open. SWEET RELIEF!!! After I finished my business, I washed my hands and fixed up my hair (I'm obsessed with it!) and headed out. I went back the way I came, only this time a bit more slowly and observed my surroundings.


I walked a little ways and found a door slightly ajar. I stopped in front of it and stared at it, trying to get a glimpse of what was inside without looking nosy. I moved my head to the left and right and squinted, trying to get a good view. I failed.


"Screw it," I muttered and went to peer inside. I opened the door a little wider and had to stifle a gasp. There was all this medical equipment; from a surgery table and scalpers to small towels for soaking up blood. Basically it looked like a hospital's O.R. I stepped inside--curiosity exploding in my brain--and looked around the room.


Why would they need all this stuff?


I poked around the room and saw that the surgeon's table hadn't been used recently, but there were some towels stained with blood around the floor. I gingerly kicked those aside and explored a bit more, every step I took sending shivers of wonder--and more surprisingly fear--down my spine. I walked over to the surgeon's table, just to take a peek, and saw that there was a small square-like tin bowl in the center. I scrutinized it for a second, then peeked at what was in it.


I peered inside the bowl and found a pair of Silicon breast implants.


Breast implants? Why would they...? That's when I saw them...I actually had to do a double-take, but they were there. Inside each implant there were two small packets in plastic bags. Drugs. They looked like crack...but they were more of a crystalline-type substance. Each one just sitting in there. I suddenly remembered what Chen whispered to Ken on the day the second van disappeared.


"5 and 2..."


Five girls must have disappeared....and two must have had breast implants. The same ones that I was looking at right now with small drug packets inside. I suddenly felt sick to my stomach...like I was going to vomit. I hurriedly took a few steps back from the surgeon's table and leaned up against the opposite wall, trying to calm myself. I was suddenly very afraid....and disgusted. I closed my eyes and took several deep breaths, trying to shake my sick feeling. Who exactly are these people that I'm working for?


"HEY!"


I shot my eyes open and looked at the entrance to see some guys in black suits standing in the doorway, looking more than a little pissed off that I was in here.


"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING IN HERE?!" The guy in the middle yelled at me, and he and the others started coming towards me, the intent in their eyes one of malice.


I was consumed by terror, and I instinctively started to back away until they were far enough away from the door so that I could make a clean get away, and I bolted out of there, my sneakers making little squeaking noises down the hall. (Looks like I won't be meeting the girls tomorrow). One guy tried to grab my purse, but I slipped my arm through the straps, leaving him holding it and continued to run. I didn't care about my purse; my cell phone was in my pocket anyway and I had left my wallet in a drawer in my hotel room. (Good thing I left it there today, cuz I was cursing myself before)


I ran out the studio and into the busy streets of Hong Kong, for once grateful that it was always wicked crowded. I ran into the busy streets filled with people, pushing and shoving them out of the way. I weaved in and out of street vendors and carts but I could still hear my pursuers following me and yelling at me to come back and not to run.


Yeah, right! Fuck that...


I jumped over a--rather small--fallen street cart, nearly tripped over a little boy(much to the dismay of his mother), and pushed myself to run even faster, frantically searching for any place where I could hide behind. My legs and chest burned and I was gasping for air, but I dared not rest, even though it felt as if my whole body was on fire. (I really need to do some more exercise) I looked to my right, and finally found a street vendor with a display that I hid behind, careful to conceal most of my body. I peered around the little stand, and quickly ducked behind as the guys ran past my hiding spot.


"Oh crap...oh crap, oh crap, oh crap, oh crap," I muttered. I looked up and saw a man staring down at me, obviously wondering what the hell I was doing hiding behind this display. He was wearing a grey hat, though I could see some of his grey hair, khaki pants, sneakers, and a grey and white buttoned-down striped shirt. Attempting to bring humor into my scary situation (I must be out of my damn mind!) I put on a nervous smile and waved. He just stared. (Yay for looking like a psychopath!) That's when my cell phone rang and I dug it out of my pocket and checked the caller-ID. It was one of the girls who tried to get me to hang out with them today. I figured, maybe they could help me so I answered.


"Yobuseyo?"


"I just called to make sure you were all right, and if you need anything," she said. "I'm sorry we tried to make you come with us, even though you were so tired..."


"Anniyo...it's fine. Um..listen...I actually need your help--" but I couldn't tell her anymore, because the guys who were chasing me came running back and I had to shut my phone. I took out the battery out just in case she called back and I really didn't want to blow my cover.


"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit...." I muttered in Korean. "Watch your mouth," said the guy beside me...also in Korean. I looked up in surprise. Wasting no time, he looked to where my pursuers were headed, then kneeled beside me and took out his wallet and police badge. A police man?! All right! I'm saved!!


"My name is Detective Jang of the National Police Agency in Korea. You are being chased by the Triad who are involved in International kidnapping. If you listen to me, I can help you escape them," he said staring directly into my eyes. I looked at him for about a half of a second and agreed to let him help me, and the next thing I knew he grabbed my arm in a surprisingly firm grip and we were off running again this time being chased.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I don't know how long we ran for, or where the hell we ended up, but I knew a couple miles and some weaving in and out of places later, we lost our chasers and I ended up on a little boat headed somewhere near the docks of Hong Kong. Detective Jang didn't ask me any questions, just sat quietly beside me as I sat, stone-faced and terrified. We stepped off the boat and Detective Jang paid the man, and he led me to a small little.....thing. It was like a small makeshift apartment type thing. Except the front door was like...the doors of a jail cell. He unlocked the door (it was padlocked! wtf?!) and led me inside...where I was splashed with a bucket of cold water from somewhere above me.


"OH WHAT THE FUCK?!" I screeched and looked up to see Hee-Jin, towering over me, the empty bucket in her hand. She and I stared at each other, stunned. She was standing on top of a rather large bed where four other girls sat, staring at me as I stared at them.


"Su-Jung?!" I exclaimed as I saw my friend. She shrieked and hopped off the bed towards me and gave me a hug, and started to weep. I looked at Detective Jang who was sitting in a chair beside the bed, next to a small closet on his cell phone. I took a better look around the room, and it was like a rather musty looking hotel room. (Who knew?) I stared at the other girls, none of whom were saying anything.


"What's going on?!" I asked. "You all were here the whole time?! What happened?!" Hee-Jin was the one who spoke up...and she looked pissed. "He took us!" she shouted at Detective Jang and pointed and accusing finger at him. "He took us from the parking lot, claiming that he's protecting us from kidnappers!! They didn't kidnap us; we chose to come here!! What? Now you think you can come back into my life and act like my protector?! I can't believe you would do this, Appa--interfere in my life when you haven't even been there for MOST OF IT!"


"A-Appa?" I stuttered looking from Hee-Jin to Detective Jang (Su-Jung was still weeping over my shoulder). "He's your dad?!"


"Ye! My stupid, alcoholic, father who's been sued multiple times and jailed and left me and my mother neck deep in debt!!" she shrieked, completely livid. One of the girls spoke up, finally, and said to me, "Sorry she splashed you with the water. That was supposed to be for her dad. We didn't know he would take you too."


"But I wasn't--he didn't--I was being chased!" I stuttered. Su-Jung finally released her hold on me and wiped her eyes. "What?!" she said. "I was!" I said, "By these guys that worked at the agency--"


"Bullshit!" cried Hee-Jin. "You worked there and why would they chase you!? He probably told you some cock and bull story to get you to come with him!!" She glared at her father who , by now, had shut his cell phone and had put his hat back on.


"Where are you going? Let us out of here!" shouted Hee-Jin. Her father ignored her, but I could see that it pained him to have her here like this. "I called the consulate, I am to meet with the representative, Sung Dong-Joon and Detective Kim at 3:30. I'll be back," he said. I looked at my watch...it was about 2:45, but I didn't know how long it took us to get here. He took one look last look at us, and left, securely padlocking us in.


"YA! WHERE THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?! LET US OUT!!" shrieked Hee-Jin as her father left. She stood on top of the bed for a moment, her feelings of anger so intense, I swear I could actually see it ooze out of her. Then she threw the bucket on the floor, growled, and sat down glaring at the floor. None of us said a word. I felt a mixture of emotions and I didn't trust myself to speak just yet, so I stayed quiet, but after a while, I started talking to the girls who were all as scared and confused as I was.


We waited for about an hour or two, when Detective Jang finally came back and this time got splashed with a fresh bucket of cold water.


"Lets us out," Hee-Jin demanded again. He ignored her and went to get a towel and wiped his face and another man followed close behind him, looking slightly displeased. My eyes widened and I gasped and my heart went a million miles per second.


"MR. SEXY?!!" I shrieked in surprise in English. He looked at me. He was wearing a close-fitted grey turtleneck, black slacks, shoes, and a leather jacket (OMG, TEH HOTNESS!). His hair, was once again sculpted marvelously with gel, but his turtleneck was slightly damp from sweat around the neck area, and I assumed he and Detective Jang had been chased as well. Mr. Sexy eyed me for a minute (I blushed....red) as if he didn't quite hear what I had just blurted out.


"What did you just call me?" he asked me....in English!


"Oh shit..." was my answer, and I quickly slapped my hand to my mouth and turned away.


"This is Detective Kim Il-Ju. He's now part of this little...operation," said Detective Jang. Oh great...Mr. Sexy is now Detective Kim Il-Ju and he speaks English!!! AND I JUST EMBARRASSED MYSELF IN FRONT OF HIM!!! FML!!!


6 comments:

limmeansforest said...

Hee-jin is stupid.

CBLE said...

Dang...so Hee-Jin's dad is actually a good guy!? Cool!

HAH HAH!!! Poor Kimi....
Mr. Smexy finally got a proper introduction ^^

xbasmahtheegyptianx said...

lol this is pretty damn good lol. i just got a but lost and confused at the end, but it was goooooddddand now i understand it lol :)

Anonymous said...

finally had time to read lol.

interesting turn of events :D
very nice

Anam said...

hahaha
i feel bad for kimi
just blurting out "mr. sexy"
haha
btw this is really good :)

Ali-chan! said...

Bwahaha to finding fake boobs. XD And poor kimi, mr.sexy will forever remember their firtst offical meeting where she called him mr.sexy infront of everyone. oh dear...

I liked it! and the chase scene was very dramatic! :3 GO AND WRITE MORE SILLY! *throws plot bunnies at your head* bwahaha...