5/22/2009

Forbidden (Chapter 2)

I'm spitting up chapters like a baby spits up baby food!! =D Now in the previous chapter, i have to say that i DID have to watch part of episode one again cuz i forgot the setting of the arrest and all, but i hope you guys liked it anyway. it really make me wish there was a section on fanfiction.net where i could post this.....-sigh- oh well! i like it here anyway! ON TO CHAPTER TWO!




Chapter 2




It had been three weeks since the news of Buffalo's arrest made headlines, but for the past couple days that was all anyone could ever talk about. Well....everyone that is except for my friend Mi-Young. She was still on about that Super Junior concert that would happen that she was dead set on going. But today I was awoken early, not by her screaming for joy at finally finding out the date, but by my buzzing alarm clock. I swear I was going to turn that thing into small, little, faulty, plastic parts one day. I rolled over and hit the snooze button, returning it back to silence so I could get at least another 5 minutes of sleep. Unfortunately that didn't last long, because I heard Mi-Young shift on her bed, and yawn. I lay still, waiting for her to either lie back down and go to sleep, or move and to straight to the computer again.



My second guess was correct. Great. I closed my eyes as she descended down the ladder and managed to peak through my eyelashes and see her turning on her Mac (Satanic computers bent on destroying the world with their fucking TARDNESS!) and plant her non-existent butt (since everyone says Asians don't have any. Lucky them....) on the leather seat in front of it. I immediately closed my eyes and placed the pillow over my head and braced myself for another squeal-fest.
5...4...3...2...

"HO MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!"




And it starts.... Y'know I'm starting to think that The Internet is the most horrible thing that has been bestowed upon the youth of Korea, because of people like Mi-Young who wake up at GODAWFUL hours of the morning just to see if tickets to a fucking concert are out yet!! God!! I heard about this boot-camp parents send their kids who are like Internet-addicts. Maybe I should persuade Mi-Young's parents to ship her off there.




"Kimi! Kimi! Wake up!!" she squeaked at me. "Wake up, wake up, wake up!! Wake u~up!!!!" She threw a small cushion at me. Which I caught. And threw back. And it hit her in the face.





"No," I said. "You. Shush. Me. Sleep. Do not. Say. A word."




"But--"




"NYAH! Nothing. Got it?" She bit her lip and opened her mouth to start to say something again but I stopped her with a fierce look. "Not. A. Word. I will find out the date of the concert later, when I'm fully awake. Ok?" She nodded and picked up a pencil and paper and looked at me, expectantly.



"No, you can't even write it down." She pouted. I glared at said "Go. Shower. I will meet you downstairs for breakfast in 20 minutes and then you can tell me when the friggen concert is, ok?" I was about to go all Mad-Hatter on her ass if she didn't leave me to 5 minutes of rest right now. Fortunately for both her and me she left to go take a shower and I got my five extra minutes. Unfortunately cuz Life's a fucking BITCH like that, I couldn't even sleep my extra five minutes so.......I instead went to the now vacant computer and decided to check my email which I haven't done in.......well, ever.



I typed in the URL to Yahoo, and typed in my username and password and was greeted with the Yahoo homepage telling me that I had 45 brand new messages!! Yay!! Cuh-rap. I thought about just deleting them all and signing out, but part of me wanted to know if Ali had sent me anything in the half-a-year that I had "mysteriously vanished." So, against my better judgement (*cough- more like my obnoxious curiousity-cough*) I clicked the little rectangle with the envelope icon that said "You have 45 new mail messages!" and prepared myself.


Fortunately, only one or two emails were from Ali just saying the occasional "hey, what's up?' and some juicy information from my old school, A.Y. Jackson Secondary School. (And by "juicy" I mean DRAMA! There's always drama there.) I remember this one time, I think a couple years ago or something there was this kid in my chemistry class named Henry--wicked good at violin and dancing and stuff--he tried out for this audition thing in Ontario and actually got in (not really drama but good enough news to cause a stir in the community). Turns out he's doing pretty well for himself because he got chosen to be in this band called Super Junior M, and since Mi-Young has, like, anything Super Junior related, she made me listen to their CD and watch their "U" video (which she favorited on Youtube when it first came out in '08.......at least 20 times), I saw him jammin' out on his violin and dancing at the same time. Kid's good. Of course, when I told Mi-Young that he went to school with me and was in my Chemistry class she flipped and wanted me to promise her that I will get her his autograph. Humoring myself more than her, I told her I'll try my best and see if he actually remembers me first before I could get his autograph.

Anyway, back to the email thing. I clicked on the most recent email from Ali that she sent me (about 2 months ago) and began reading. It read as follows:

KIIIMIIII!!!
Why did you leeeeeave me?! DDD: I miss you!
And for your grandparents? Wtf? But I guess its okay. I still love you I swear! But school is ssoooooo boring without you. I mean I still have Duckie, but still. WHO WILL I TALK TO ME ABOUT CUTE ASAIN BOYS AND ANIME? Whaaa, Im so deprived naaaaao.
BUT ANYWAY! Whats up with you? Why did you leave? Are you having fun in...OHIO? Are there cute boys in OHIO? You better get some form of messanger so we can still talk missy!
But still. YOU HAD BETTER STAY HAPPY AND HEALTHY AND A VIRGIN TILL YOU GET BACK! No getting raped in those mean streets of OHIO. Unless he's cute. Or if you rape him. Then its okay :D
BYE BYE KIMI-CHAN I LUFF YOU!
ps: you had better message me back, you, or imma sick henry on you. fosho.


I snorted. Ohio? That's be best my parents could come up with to cover up my running away? Guess they really didn't care since they came up with that lie and didn't even bother to call the cops. Oh well, that's good for me, I guess. I don't have to worry about being tailed. I focused on the rest of the email. I laughed. Typical Ali. That's pretty much how her brain operated; always with cute asian guys, sex, and anime. Not that that was a bad thing. She amuses me greatly with that mind of hers.

I decided to answer her back with a message saying that I'm fine and I'm doing good in Ohio. (Blech.) It was only one or two small paragraphs, compared to her bigass one, but while I was writing it, I was struggling not to say too much about my current location or get too much into detail about why I suddenly just upped and left. I didn't want her to go into a massive best-friend-i'mma-call-the-bomb-squad-because-you-fucking-ran-away-and-left-without-so-much-as-a-goodbye-you-inconsiderate-bitch frenzy. Maybe when I get enough money I'll go back and visit and tell her the whole story. I just hope I won't get too much hate when I do.


After 15 minutes of waiting, Mi-Young finally came out of the shower, dressed in darkwash jeans, a yellow ribbon belt thing around her waist, a green (like bright) zippered-up collared sweatshirt with white stripes. Once again her hair was down, and light makeup colored her face.


"Aha!" she said when she saw me at the computer. "You were checking the date for the concert! I knew it!" I grinned and reclined in the chair.

"No, Missy. I was just checking my e-mail. I wanted to see if my friend sent anything."


"Ooh. Did she? Or he? Whatever?"


"Yeah, she did. Just the normal, 'hey, how are you?' Nothing else, really. The rest was all spam so I deleted it."

"Did you tell your friend you moved to Korea? I'm sure she'd want to know that. That's a big move from Canada," she said. I hesitated slightly, but managed to pull my composure quickly.


"Yeah," I said. "She knows I'm here. I told her a while ago that I was moving here, so it's all good. She was surprised at first, but she managed to accept it, no matter how hard it was for both of us." I kept my mouth shut about the "I" being "my parents" and the "here" being "Ohio." Mi-Young nodded and said, "Well that's good! At least she's not too worried," she looked at me and grinned, "I mean it's not like you're starving or anything. We treat you well here, don't we?"

I smiled. "No, you're totally depriving me of food and locking me in a basement," I said sarcastically. We laughed. "So any plans for today?" I asked after a few minutes.


"Hm....well, it's the weekend and we don't have work til 4..." said Mi-Young. She glanced at the clock on the bedside table. "...and it's 8am. What are we gonna do for another 8 hours?" We thought in silence.

"Wanna go see a movie?" I suggested. "What's playing?" she asked. "Well, I saw this commercial a couple days ago about this movie that looked interesting. It's about this guy, who meets this girl who's a time traveller or something....it looked interesting. Apparently the guy is like a really big Chinese pop-singer; they kept emphasizing it in the commercial." I grinned.


"You mean 'Secret?'" my friend asked. "That's the one," I answered, snapping my fingers and pointing at her. Yup, I pulled a 'Fonz.' (If you haven't seen "Happy Days" then you are seriously deprived).

"I suppose we could see that," she said shrugging. My face fell. "We don't have to if you don't want to," I added, "it was just a suggesstion. I'm sure we could find something else." I hated feeling like I was imposing my idea on her....I hate that feeling of imposing on anyone in general, really. That's why I offered to pay rent while I stay here.


"Oh no, I want to see it. It looks good!" replied Mi-Young, looking at me and smiled. I looked at her insecurely, but nodded in the end as we agreed to see the movie. "Now you should go take a shower, and I'll check to see what time the movie starts," she added and booted me out of the computer seat. I grinned and huffed as if I was reluctant to go shower, but I grabbed my bath things anyway and went to cleanse myself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The movie was good, it succeeded our expectations and then some. Though there were some parts that I didn't particularly understand even with Mi-Young whispering translations in my ear since I could barely read the Korean subtitles. (YAY FOR ILLITERACY!) After the movie was over we still had plenty of time to kill (it was about 11/12-ish when we got out) so we decided to go have lunch at a small street vendor. We then walked around the city for a bit, wasting time, and when the time for work arrived, we actually made it early. (Much to the surprise of our boss and co-workers. YEAH, SUCKAS!)

Our busy shift came earlier than usual today, starting at around 4:10 instead of 5, so we were running around as usual taking orders as fast as we could, and graciously accepting tips that came our way. As the night wore on, though, it seemed like it just kept getting busier and busier by the second and we ended up staying open 5 minutes past closing time, and we had to shoo away late comers looking for a meal, apologizing endlessly.

Thankfully the night finally ended and we were all cleaning up when the last customers left, thanking us for the delicious meal and telling us to have a good night. They told Sam-sik, who was their waiter that his tip was on the table. He thanked them, smiling, and told them to have a wonderful evening. But as soon as they were out of the restaurant and heading home, I heard him mutter how he wishes they get food poisoning for making us close late having to wait for them to get the fuck out.

"Language, Oppa," I teased him in Korean as he went back to washing tables, and I washed windows. He rolled his eyes at me but said nothing and continued to scrub the table so ferociously that I seriously thought he was going to break it in half.

"They deserve friggen food poisoning for keeping us," he said darkly to the table he ws cleaning. Everyone laughed but the fun quickly died down when our boss came into view and called me.

"Boss....is something wrong?" inquired Jin. Our boss looked around cheerfully and said, "Why are you all so serious? No one's died, I just need to talk to Kimi," he looked at me before adding, "When you're done come see me in my office," and left once again. Curious, I finished my chore quickly and headed to the Boss's office.

Five minutes later I stepped out of the Boss's office feeling numb and suddenly drained. The others had all finished their chores and were waiting for me to tell them news of what had just happened, but I ignored them all.

"Mi-Young," I said, in a cheerful voice, "are you finished yet? I'm tired and I kind of want to go home." She nodded and said that she was finished and told the others goodbye and that we will see them tomorrow. I bowed to them and left along with her.

"So what did the boss what?" she asked me in the cab ride home. I was spacing so I didn't really hear her and she had to shake me to get my attention.

"I'm sorry, what?" I said, snapping out of my daze. She smiled and looked at me as wondering if I was ok for a second. "I asked what the boss wanted to talk to you about," she repeated.

"Oh that," I said, returning her smile. I shrugged. "Oh, nothing much. Just that I've been working so hard he decided to give me a day off, that's all."

"Really? That's great! I heard he rarely decides to give workers a day off. Good for you!"

"Yeah....good for me," I said quietly and stared out the window. I reached my hand into the pocket of my trousers and clutched a small little envelope the boss had given me. That small little envelope......is my last paycheck.

5 comments:

[. unsweetenthuy .] said...

Oh my. I totally enjoy Kimi's side remarks in parenthesis. XD Totally amusing. :3 And Sam-sik is cool. Hahaha, totally two-faced :D KEKEKEKE.

zomgsh. Why is Kimi fired? DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH THE ECONOMY?! || orz

Keep it up yo!

limmeansforest said...

can't wait for the next installment :3

CBLe said...

OOOh, I luv how you meshed Henry in the story...its almost like, you knew ahead of time that you're going to add Henry in later that you chose Kimi's hometown to be Canada =D

Why'd you ended it like that...YOURE TOTALLY MAKING US ANXIOUS!!!!

Anonymous said...

she KNEW Henry?! hahah sweet!
but NOOO she lost her job :(
..man, this could totally be an anime

Anam said...

OMG!!! SHE LOST HER JOB!!! awww :(