5/21/2009

Forbidden (Prologue)

Hello and welcome to my new blog! I just created this account cuz i got bored with my other one, and to just vent my ideas and creativeness. :3 so right now i'm starting this little story i came up with while watching my all time FAVORITE korean drama of all time (as of yet) H.I.T.!! the story focuses on one of the detetives, Detective Kim Il-Ju and my very own made-up (NOT MARY SUE!) character. It's setting is in episode 6 where the detectives all go to Hong Kong to find some girls who have gone missing after they went to go try and become aspiring models.

I had this story in my head ever since i finished watching the series a couple years ago. (i highly recommend it, it's soooo good! i stayed up till 2am finishing it! omg, it's awesome!) so, anyway, i hope you all enjoy my little fanfic! here's the prologue!

ps- Detective Kim Il-Ju looks like this: http://www.hancinema.net/voir_une_photo.php?table=individus&id_objet=2087&id=35803&copyright (played by Korean Actor Jeong Dong-Jin. teh hotness omg.)




Prologue

I sat on the plane, staring out the window at the clouds rolling by, listening to the Korean pop music eminating from the Airline headphones on one of the music stations. I don't remember the name of the band, or the song, I just knew that it was music, it sounded good, and I liked it. It didn't matter that I didn't understand a word of it; as long as it's music. I glanced at the woman beside me who was listening to a Korean Drama with her headphones staring at the giant screen in front of us, she was crying so I guessed the drama was good. Apparently a Korean Drama isn't good unless you can reduce the viewer to tears in the process. I didn't really get all that, but the dramas seem to be doing all right by their standards.


Oh, and if you're wondering why everything I just mentioned has something to do with Korea, that's because I'm on KoreanAir on my way to Korea. I managed to scrape up enough money from my job back home to buy myself a plane ticket. Why Korea you ask? Because it's far away. Far away from all the shit that happened in my life. Far away from my abusive father, my drunk mother, and that run-down shack we called a home. I didn't tell them where I was going; like they would care anyway. I just packed up my things one day and left, and didn't tell anyone; not even my best friend Ali. I'd imagine she'd be pretty freakin pissed when she found out I won't be in school tomorrow. And well, I told my boss that I was quitting, but other than him, that's about it. No one else knew where I was or where I was going, and that was just fine with me. I'm used to being alone.


I continued to stare out the window and daydream about what it was that I was planning to do once I actually got into the country. I guess I really hadn't thought of that....oops. Oh well, that's the whole point about this adventure isn't it? Starting anew with a new life, where no one knows you and finally making a name for yourself. I suppose I could get a job.....where? I don't know.....I'd have to ask around. I smiled as I imagined myself asking in severely broken Korean where I would be able to find a job, and the natives staring at me as if I had two heads with my little English to Korean book in my hand. I surpressed a giggle.


The "ding!" of the pilot about to make an announcement flooded the airplane, breaking me out of my trance.
"Good Afternoon, passengers, this is your Captain speaking, we will be ariving at the Seoul National Airport in a little over 10 minutes. We thank you for riding KoreanAir with us and we hope you have a wonderful stay in Korea," said the voice over the intercom. It then proceeded to say the same thing...only this time in Korean.


I got excited. I was finally going to rid myself of the pain and suffering I had endured for 17 years back home in Toronto, Canada. I wouldn't have to be called "girl" or "filth" by my father or have to clean up sick from when my mother would get home late at night plastered and vomit all over the carpet. I wouldn't have to go through any of that anymore; I'd be free to just be myself for once and not be a prisoner.


The plane finally landed at the airport and I waited patiently to grab my carry-on out of the compartment above me, after the lady that was sitting next to me got hers. I put of over my shoulder and milled out with the other passengers into the airport. I went through the usual customs and showed them my passport after I had grabbed the rest of my bags, which were now, like, my life.


I handed my passport to this really cute looking Korean guy behind the counter. He looked at my picture, and then back at me and smirked. I couldn't help but look down at myself. I didn't know what he was smirking at, I mean....I'm not really that good looking to begin with. I was wearing a pair of low-cut hip-hugger jeans, black flats, and a black hoodie. My hair, sleek and jet black, was up in a loose bun though some strands managed to escape and frame my face somewhat. My eyes were normally a dark brown, but i decided to wear blue colored contacts, and my skin was the was the color of....well Pocahontas's skin in the Disney movie version of "Pochahontas." Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that part of my family is Native American (including my mother).....how some of us ended up in Canada? No clue. I also had some pretty nice curves, that I'm quite proud of, since I'm talking about myself.


Anyway, the really cute Korean guy at the counter looked at me and smirked, and i couldn't help but blush. Damn, he was cute. I shifted my gaze to the left and to the right. Yep, more cute guys and one really pretty girl. If all the guys in Korea look like this, then I must be in heaven!
He handed me back my passport that he had stamped and looked me fully this time and smiled. No, I thought, you really shouldn't smile like that, it makes you look even MORE hot!


Psh. Like he heard me.


"Welcome to Seoul, Ms. Kimimela Holmes," he said. Great, the reason he was smirking was because of my legal name, "Kimimela." It's Native for "butterfly" but ever since i was born everyone has called me "Kimi."


"It's Kimi," I said, taking my passport from him and putting it into the pocket of my carry-on bag.


"I apologize, Kimi" he answered, still smirking. I glanced at him, said nothing, and walked away, though I could feel his eyes watching me, though I hoped he wasn't staring at my butt. I mean, I do have a nice butt, I just don't like other people staring at it, y'know? I went through a whole lot of other procedures, and changed my currency into Won, before I could actually step out of the friggen airport.


Once out, I took a deep breath and exhaled, smiling and flagged down a cab. The Cab Man got out, bowed and said "hello" in Korean, to which I bowed back and repeated and he helped me put my things in the trunk. I got into the back seat, took out my hand-dandy English-Korean book
thingie and managed to tell him to take me to a nearby hotel and before I knew it, I was off.


I stared out the window and smiled happily as the scenery whipped by.


My name is Kimmela Holmes, and I'm starting my new life. (But first I have to apply for Korean citizenship. Haha!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg myriam!!!!! i ♥ this story so much! kep going it's really good! =)
-your bestest buddy, Basmah =) <3 ♥

Anonymous said...

KUFUFUFU! I love it. :3 WRITE MORE AVACHAAAN!!

but really the handy-dandy English-Korean book part cracked me up for some reaason... XDD

limmeansforest said...

woah, you could write a novel lol.

Anam said...

AWESOME!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it Myriam. Very well written ^__^

[. unsweetenthuy .] said...

....Yeah. TEH GUY IS HAWT.

I still like your writing style. :3

[. unsweetenthuy .] said...

Ohyeah. TIS SENSEI.

Anonymous said...

awesome awesome awesome...ive been waiting since fanfiction. lol.cant wait to see what Kimi goes through. (gosh shes so cute!)